Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Easy Baking Recipes: Single Serving "Baked " Egg

baked egg
My husband has been wanting to try this "eggsperiment" for a long time and when I told him the other night I needed some easy baking recipes, we decided to give it a try. It came out great!

Single Serving "Baked" Egg:

butter
1 large egg salt and pepper; to taste
1 tablespoon milk

Preheat oven to 400°F
Generously grease a custard cup with butter.
Drop in egg.
Add salt and pepper to taste (optional)
Add milk. (do not stir)
Bake 15-20 minutes.

Notes: For a "scrambled" egg, simply mix the egg and milk with a fork.

2 comments:

  1. This is an old-time method/recipe called Shirred eggs. There used to be an actual pan for it, but as we homesteaders love multi-tasking tools, a custard dish, etc. works great, too!

    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait 'til I tell my husband this. He thought he was onto something new! : )

    ReplyDelete