Saturday, January 23, 2010

Easy Baking Recipes: Peanut Butter Cake

Peanut Butter Cake With Whipped Cream

Peanut Butter Cake
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350°F

Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan

Cream together the peanut butter, butter and honey.

Peanut Butter Cake, PB, Butter and Honey
Add the eggs and mix well.

Peanut Butter Cake, PB, Butter, Honey and Eggs
Combine the flour and baking powder together and mix well. Add to the batter.

Stir the flour/powder mixture into the batter while slowly adding the milk. Combine well.

Peanut Butter Cake, All Ingredients
Put batter into pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, taking care not to over bake.

Peanut Butter Cake, Ready To Be Baked

Cool on a wire rack.

Peanut Butter Cake, Out Of The Oven

Serve with whipped cream or the frosting of your choice.

Making Whipped Cream

11 comments:

  1. Yum, indeed! As I was reading the recipe and looking at the pictures I swear I could smell it baking. I really like the mixing bowl, too. I have a thing for crockery. And wooden bowls and utensils. And vintage graniteware. And........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven and Sarah, Thank you!

    Lord Welbourne, Thank you. We always look for fun cooking pieces that are useful. A friend gave us a stoneware canning jar funnel that I have yet to use...afraid of breaking it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't I know it!! If we all took the advice we give to others.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut butter Cake....ah YUM. This will go in the recipe file and get pulled out when I bake something sweet.

    Switching gears completely. We just opened a jar of the "Zucchini Relish" that I made from the recipe that you posted. WOW is that good. I must admit I was worried about the "relish" name. I know I would put pickle relish on a hot dog or polish sausage and wasn't sure about this "relish". It isn't "relish-y" at all (to me at least). We had it with some local chicken that I cooked and I really liked it (so did my husband). So it is DEFINITELY on my list of things to can again from the garden this summer and fall. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Emily in So. TX

    P.S. I am wondering what you eat it with? I need to think outside the box. We eat a lot of chicken, so the Zucchini Relish goes very well with that. I would also think on top of a cheese and cracker.....what else? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, I am so glad to hear you like the relish. I agree about the name, I am not really a big "relish" fan,or at least didn't think I was. I do love this,though. We eat it with beef (hot or cold) as a side, I have put it on sandwiches and even added some to a garden salad. I think it might also be good in a pasta salad. And it is good on a hamburger!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy - thanks. Along with Chicken I would automatically eat it with fish and pork an beef too. Thanks for the other ideas. Pasta Salad - great idea. And really like the sandwich idea too. My hubby is a "hot meal man". I can't get away with serving sandwiches (even at lunch time). BUT I am very lucky he will eat the same things few nights in a row, so I can cook big and re-heat. That I do love and even make extra to freeze for another time (save more time - lovin' that too).

    thank you again!! Emily in So TX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! I hope that you are considering some new entries. I've just discovered your blog and I'm enjoying reading back through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MargaretJ! I don't know where the time goes!! I am hoping to get back to the blog soon and I am glad to hear you are enjoying our past posts.
      ~ Nancy

      Delete