Friday, February 5, 2010

Herbal Tea Blends



Herbal teas have many health benefits and are very tasty. Here are a few of our favorites. I can not remember where I got the recipes from, they have been written on a piece of note paper for years. Roots are best steeped in boiling water for about 15 minutes, leaves and other parts are steeped for 3 to 5 minutes. Honey can be added for a bit of sweetness.

For Upset Stomach:

Equal parts:
Rose hips
Peppermint leaves
Lemon-balm leaves

Equal parts:
Dandelion root
Dandelion leaves/stems
Peppermint

Equal parts:
Fennel seeds
Peppermint
Lemon-balm

Equal parts:
Raspberry leaf
Peppermint

2 part catnip
1 part fennel
1 part lemon-balm

To Help With Arthritis:


2 parts nettle leaves
1 part each willow bark and peppermint

As a Gargle for Sore Throats:

Equal parts:
Sage
Fennel seeds

Sleep Aid:

Skullcap. Drink before going to bed.

Blood Cleanser:

Equal parts:
Red clover
Rose hips
Dandelion leaves

For Coughs:

2 parts marsh-mallow root
1 part lemon-balm
1 part plantain leaves
1 part thyme
1 part calendula flowers

To Calm Nerves:

2 parts hops
1 part hawthorn leaves
1 part lemon-balm
1 part valerian

5 comments:

  1. Excellent!! I am an herbal tea imbiber and it is always helpful to know what good I am or could be doing for myself while enjoying my favourite brew. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love herbal teas. Lots of lemon balm was planted by me and I still have some of it dried. Thank you for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, Lemon balm is one of my favorites, great for tea and also for cooking. In the summer (when I have it fresh) I chop it up real fine and put it on fruit salads. Yum!

    ReplyDelete