Monday, June 28, 2010

Baked Apples

Baked Apples

Baked Apples
6 large apples; peeled, cored and sliced
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 tablespoons butter; melted
1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" x 7" baking dish.

Peel, core and slice apples into 8 pieces. Place in baking dish.

Combine sugar, flour and spices. Mix well and sprinkle over apple slices.

Pour melted butter over apples/flour mixture, then pour the water on top.

Bake 20 minutes uncovered, then 20 minutes covered. Serve warm. It is also good cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

3 comments:

  1. Yum - that sounds great. I used to make baked apples when i was a kid - but just put the apples on a pan and filled the hollow cores with brown sugar or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have to tie on a bib when I read your recipes. I love visiting your kitchen but I end up leaving it drenched in drool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments.

    Miranda, my grandmother always made baked apples like that, sometimes with raisins in them as well. Yum....

    Lord Wellbourne, you are so funny : )

    ReplyDelete