Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Easy Baking Recipes, Desserts: Carob Cookies

Carob Cookies


A friend of mine tried these cookies....she told me,"They aren't very pretty, but they are the best carob cookies I have ever had." Quite a complement, and I was very pleased. I hope you will enjoy as much as she did.

Carob Cookies:

¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup honey
2 eggs
2/3 cup brown rice flour or www flour; see note
¼ cup carob powder
1 tablespoon instant coffee or coffee substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake approximately. 8 minutes.

Yield: 16 cookies

NOTE: White whole wheat flour or all purpose flour can be used.

~~~~

5 comments:

  1. wow, they are not very pretty at all are they! Interesting. I have heard of carob powder but it isn't something I have on the shelf. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet something new to try when the weather is conspiring against me! Not being pretty doesn't bother me much....if I have a problem I'll just eat them in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I experimented with carob in cookies and a cake. Found that they taste better with honey instead of sugar. I must try the GF version of your cookies-----

    visit me over at http://retiredwithnoregrets.blogspot.com/2011/03/salt-and-pepper-to-taste-and-awards.html.
    something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like tomorrow--Friday--will be baking day. I hope y'all come through this latest installment of perpetual winter ok. I'll be thinking of you and your cozy kitchen while I'm puttering around mine. I'm so glad we share the same state!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments. The first time I tried carob I hated it....now love it! I have done this recipe many times with cocoa powder instead of carob and they come out very good as well.

    Got past this last storm.....now waiting for the snow to melt (haha). The kitchen has been very cozy.....

    ReplyDelete