Friday, February 15, 2013

Making Your Own Antibacterial Spray


Herbs and essential oils can do much of the work around the house for us, especially when it comes to cleaning.

Making your own antibacterial spray is inexpensive and easy.

Start with a clean spray bottle.

Mint, lavender, tea tree, sage and rosemary are all bacteria fighting herbs. Combine 1 teaspoon of essential from any of those herbs to 1 cup of white vinegar. Vinegar is a good germ killer, and we use it to clean most surfaces.

Put your mixture in the spray bottle, give it a good mix and you are ready to go! We use this mixture to clean cutting boards, kitchen counters and the bathroom. The essential oils make cleaning a joy (well, almost!)


Rosemary, one of our favorite herbs.

6 comments:

  1. I made this using lavender essential oli. It smells wonderful and does an excellent job cleaning. It does make cleaning a joy, well almost.

    Thanks for the idea

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I am glad you have had success with it!
    Thanks for letting me know.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Rosemary and it grows here really well, year round. I add rosemary eo to vinegar and that is my fabric softener. For kitchen cleaner I use tea tree eo in vinegar. Love love love it. I am going to try making a room spray by soaking rosemary cuttings in rubbing alcohol for several weeks, straining, then dilute a bit w/water. It is an experiment. Hope it works. I just love rosemary, so invigorating ad refreshing and awakening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, you are so lucky to have it growing well year round. I struggle to keep the plants alive in the winter, but have had the latest for 3 years. I really like your idea of soaking it in rubbing alcohol for a room spray. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m flattened by your contents keep up the excellent work.Buy Branded Room spray,scented sachet,diffuser oil Onlines, Select from the best range of all products at atlanticscents.co.uk. You can buy car freshner and scented sachet

    ReplyDelete