Friday, March 15, 2013

Easy Soup Making



This winter I have been having fun cooking soups in my bean pot. I a not sure why, but it seems even easier than simmering on top of the stove. I think part of it is the heat from the oven helps to keep the house warm and the smell, I believe, is even more heavenly than a stove top soup.

It's quite simple. Basically I decide what I want in the soup (good time to clean out the refrigerator), put it all in the bean pot, add water or stock and put in the oven.



If I do it in the wood stove I have to pay more attention to the oven temp and check it more often than the gas stove. In the gas stove I just set the temp at 350oF and let it cook for 3 or 4 hours, depending upon my ingredients (a tough cut of beef takes longer than just vegetables or chicken).

We have had some amazing results!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy from another Nancy! I came across you on Sincerely Emilys blog and think it is great that you have solar power and can live off grid! Nancy http://cozythymecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Nancy! Glad you found us.

    ReplyDelete