Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dilled Green Cherry Tomatoes



Dilled Green Cherry Tomatoes

We usually make this recipe in the fall, when we have an over abundance of green cherry tomatoes, however it is so good that I have been known to make it early in the season. I like this recipe because I can make just one quart at a time.

Ingredients:

1 quart whole green cherry tomatoes

1 carrot cut into 3 or 4 pieces

2 cloves of garlic

2 teaspoons of dill seeds

1 teaspoon pickling salt

1 cup of vinegar

boiling water (to cover ingredients once in the jar)

Directions:

Sterilize quart jar(s). Pack in all the ingredients (except vinegar).

Pour in the vinegar then top off with the boiling water, leaving 1/4” head space. Tighten lid.

If refrigerating, let cool and then refrigerate. Let sit 4 weeks or so to let the flavors develop.

To can, process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

12 comments:

  1. Whau!! They look so pretty in the jar. Thanks for sharing the recipe also. I don't have cherry tomatoes but I may get one in a pot next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, Thank you : )
    Cherry tomatoes are one of my summer favorites, and they do really well in a large pot!
    ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds tasty and what a great way to use up the late ( or early ) green cherry tomatoes !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Willow. They are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, I had never thought of this, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy, I have had your dilled green cherry tomatoes on my mind since you posted about them a few weeks ago. I just did this with a bunch of green cherry tomatoes and look forward to crunching on them in a few weeks. I am going to post about it tomorrow over at Not Dabbling in Normal and link back to your blog for the recipe. My jars full of green cherry tom's look so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, I hope you enjoy!! Thanks for doing the post and linking back to my blog, I look forward to reading it : )
    Has it been super hot in Texas? We had 97 degrees last week (and humid), today high of 58 degrees and raining!
    ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! What a great idea!! I hate when I see all the sad little green tomatoes go into the first frost! Can't wait to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely recipe, great time as I'm overrun with cherry tomatoes right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela, hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading : )

    ReplyDelete