Friday, August 12, 2016

Actually Had Some Rain Today!


Yesterday I posted about us having such a dry summer and today it rained! Not a lot, but enough to give the garden and plants a good drink. I should have posted weeks ago, maybe the rain would have come sooner!

Every year we try to add to our gardening tools; last year it was shovels, this year it is hose nozzles. I know that sounds odd, but I like to have a decent nozzle at every hose. We have a hose in the garden room, one on the back deck, one on the front deck and one for the garden. The hose on the front deck has the RY Gardener nozzle and the nozzle works out really well because I can use it as a light mist all the way up to high pressure. Plus the handle is a no slip grip so even when my hands are wet I can hang onto it easily. I have used it for seedlings and even high pressure for cleaning off the deck.



I am already thinking of what will be on next year's shopping list. Floating row covers. We have had ours for about 13 years and they are really getting worn out.  I use them not only for plant protection from frost, but also plant protection from chickens. They love any freshly turned ground.

I think rain is in the forecast for tomorrow as well. I hope so!



~~~~~~~~~~~~
#RY_GARDENER

2 comments:

  1. I like the garden hose nozzle you have there. I am not pleased with the one I got last year. Summer seems to be going good for you! Here in ND has been nice as well and the temps enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems crazy that it is so hard to find a decent nozzle, but it is. We have been lucky this year with the ones we have gotten. Now that we've gotten some rain things are much better around here, the garden is happy again!

    ReplyDelete